Monday, August 31, 2009

The Damaged Spot

I'm wandering, as I'm thinking
I'm thinking maybe some things are two sided
I wonder as I wander what the consequences would be
If my heart would release all the damage
I've been holding back
I think that maybe the damage has been done
I think that maybe my wanderings have left a part of me
It has been twisted and gnarled by the wayside

I think maybe as I wander I should pick my self up
I think I should with hold the damage
I think though, not in my heart
I will make a new vessel, a coffin, a resting place
I will still all the damage, forever in a grave
I will bring it flowers to remind me it was there
I will not let it speak, instead...
I will find a new voice, blowing on the wind
It will heal, it will nurture, and I will rest
I will be safe, not left to wander, but to sleep in a place with angels

1 comment:

  1. I really love this! And I am so glad I finally figured out how to find your blog! It really wasn't easy...

    ReplyDelete